Beginner System Need Help w/AMP&SUBS

Most boxes use 3/4" MDF except for bigger setups where thicker wood is required. And is this a sealed box? Do the subs have their own chamber? And where did you go to pay $500 for it?

Yes its sealed. Customed tuned for I think it was a caprice. Truthfully I would say it was 3/4 ION. I half assed the thickness because it was hard to tell and It was only about an inch or less. I heard sealed is the way to go for 3 10's or its just opinion to go sealed or ported whatever tickles your fancy. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

Most boxes use 3/4" MDF except for bigger setups where thicker wood is required. And is this a sealed box? Do the subs have their own chamber? And where did you go to pay $500 for it?
Yes its sealed. Customed tuned for I think it was a caprice. Truthfully I would say it was 3/4 ION and its all one space.. I half assed the thickness because it was hard to tell and It was only about an inch or less. I heard sealed is the way to go for 3 10's or its just opinion to go sealed or ported whatever tickles your fancy.

just pm me the links and i'll post them for you.

the math for a common chamber is different. you don't just take the airspace for each and multiply by 3. you multiply by something around 2/3 or 3/5. you'd really want to nail down the exact volume if you want to be precise. otherwise, it was probably for three 10W3.

just pm me the links and i'll post them for you.
the math for a common chamber is different. you don't just take the airspace for each and multiply by 3. you multiply by something around 2/3 or 3/5. you'd really want to nail down the exact volume if you want to be precise. otherwise, it was probably for three 10W3.
PM'd the pics. BTW you've been a lot of help. Thanks.

72104890.jpg

41132285.jpg

that box is nothing special. probably $40 in materials. terrible jigsaw cuts. i'd want to carpet it as well.

buy whatever 10's you want, they don't certainly don't have to be JL - i expected a custom MDF/fiberglass box made by JL. that is just random.

that box is nothing special. probably $40 in materials. terrible jigsaw cuts. i'd want to carpet it as well.
buy whatever 10's you want, they don't certainly don't have to be JL - i expected a custom MDF/fiberglass box made by JL. that is just random.
I was told it was custom made for a car my dad had. Never said specifically for JL I had a guy from a shop look at it and he said JL, Also the middle ring looks messed up but its just a piece of cloth or some material on the edge of it. Thanks though. Last thing is should i match up max rms wattage from the 3 subs to get an amp that is higher than that of the rms?

agreed i see nothing worty of 500 dollars for that box to be honest. unless it came with speakers.

agreed i see nothing worty of 500 dollars for that box to be honest. unless it came with speakers.
I believe it did. They were taken out. I cant sit here and explain everything it was a gift and was told some info im just telling you guys what i was told regardless if you think its wrong or not. I just needed some help ID'ing some equipment i should get Brand of Subs/Brand of Amp.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.