Burning rubber smell???

I dont know how I missed this the first time but if you box is too small or you are tuned too high playing the low bass songs by decaf can damage your equipment. Depending on the box the sub may be unloading on these lower frequencies causing brief times where the amp is still sending power but since the sub has lost control and isnt moving the coil, it isnt cooling itself. Yes the brief millisecond isnt a long time but amplify it by the amount if times the cone moves and that number extrapalates very fast.

Some box specs will help determine this.

also what car and how low does your voltage drop when you play decaf

I have a slotted box made for my car (2000 Ford Taurus) tuned at 31hz. I have 5 cubic ft of airspace (all I could fit). And I have no idea about voltage, but I know that my headlights dim when the bass hits, but soon my big 3 will be installed. I have an Optima yellow top battery too...

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.