CDT components?

depends on which set you are looking for and how much you intend to spend. There are alot of choices out there to get but it depends on what you are looking for and your own preferences. How much are you looking to spend? Also how much power do you have for them. I really like the Alpine F1 series but the Type X and below don't impress me that much. I'm an authorized CDT dealer so if you have questions feel free to email me or PM me about them.

got the basic cdt cl-60 kit from woofersect... they came with the tw-25 tweeters, the same that is with more expensive kit.
Wow, they're great, i'm sending around 300 watt rms to each, they play frinking loud when crossed at 110hz. Anybody got betters cdt crossover i could use? i've got the satnet 400 and i'm not sure it will last //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/rolleyes.gif.c1fef805e9d1464d377451cd5bc18bfb.gif
i find that hard to believe thats insane lol what amp are u running and how did you set your gains

i find that hard to believe thats insane lol what amp are u running and how did you set your gains

i am running my 2 channel at 400 x 2 @ 2 ohms on 2 pair of cdt comps

crossed over at 100 hz

so i am running a total of 800 watts to 2 pair , each pair is sharing 400 watts

they take it well

yea i am running 175rms per side on my cdt cl-62cf comps but they are rated for 150rms and my amp only does 175@4 x 4 and i am bout to get another set to put in the kicks

but i set my gains with a dmm some people may barely have gains up and only giving their comps 150rms and say they are giving them 300rms since the amp they are using it does that power

I personally won't use anything from CDT. Much better products out there at more affordable prices

I hear CDT are just rebadged vifa drivers with a huge mark up. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/confused.gif.e820e0216602db4765798ac39d28caa9.gif

If you are interested in CDT, how about looking into Vifa raw drivers?(CDT's are Vifas). You can build a system for a fraction of the cost, and there are lots of driver options.

I hear CDT are just rebadged vifa drivers with a huge mark up. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/confused.gif.e820e0216602db4765798ac39d28caa9.gif
Not sure rebadged...afterall painting those baskets FUGLY yellow and orange cost a fortune!//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/rolleyes.gif.c1fef805e9d1464d377451cd5bc18bfb.gif

Dont get me wrong, if you want to keep it simple stupid by getting a CDT boxed set, you are paying for the convenience of the passive crossover which handicaps their performance to a likely less than ideal installation in the car.

You can run active via headunit xovers, amp xovers...a combination of each...or heck you can buy a solid 3way electronic xover PLUS the Vifa drivers and still be able to get better sound and control of the speakers, for less $.

300 to each side for the entry CL's??? //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/eek.gif.771b7a90cf45cabdc554ff1121c21c4a.gif Jeez, haven't heard that one ouch
Did my dmm test yesturday, but i was already sure it was 300.

The voltage with 1khz sine wave was up to 40v@4 ohm, //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/eek.gif.771b7a90cf45cabdc554ff1121c21c4a.gif:eek: 400 watt unclean to each speakers. confused: I wasn't hearing any clipping tough, but just to be fair, i've reset my gain at 300watt rms (34.7 approx)

I've also switched my satnet 400 with my blaupunkt vc-100 included crossover. It cut the tweeters/woofers at 3k 12db sloppe . So far, i love them some much more than the satnet-400. The only difference if that the cdt crossover satnet cut at 4,3k with a 6db sloppe (???). Will this harm my tweeters ? tw-25 from cdt. I think they get cut around 2.5k in another set:rolleyes:

I love those tweeters, i love the fact that their getting more freq to do, but will my new crossover harm the speakers? The vc-100 crossover seems to love the power a lot more than cdt satnet-400:rolleyes:

i've only listen to the system for half a hour at max, but i'm anticiping getting out of here, and listen to some beat :p

mb quart pab4100. Gain with dmm, but when i said 300w yesturday, it was more than that.

Now the gain is set for 300watt exact, and i haven't smell anything yet at full tilt, crossed around 110-120hz:cool:

Not sure rebadged...afterall painting those baskets FUGLY yellow and orange cost a fortune!//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/rolleyes.gif.c1fef805e9d1464d377451cd5bc18bfb.gif
Dont get me wrong, if you want to keep it simple stupid by getting a CDT boxed set, you are paying for the convenience of the passive crossover which handicaps their performance to a likely less than ideal installation in the car.

You can run active via headunit xovers, amp xovers...a combination of each...or heck you can buy a solid 3way electronic xover PLUS the Vifa drivers and still be able to get better sound and control of the speakers, for less $.
Didn't you know that they use some specialized acoustic paint that adds SQ and power handling, and reduces distortion. Lowers resonance as well.

Haven't had alot of experience with any other comps. But I have never been dissatisfied with my CDT's.
That's a funny statement. Maybe if you had experiences with other brands/speakers, you might be dissatisfied with your CDTs.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.