DISH Network or Direct TV

Louisiana_CRX
5,000+ posts

dem shoes......
Well I've had both units about a year...And its subscription time again.....I have the biggest movie package subscribed on both....I don't really watch much TV at all...So I'm dropping the subscription on one...They both run about the same roughly $100+ a month....or if you pay annually like I do you save 1 month off the annual bill....Anyway the question is which one would be the best to keep over the two? any info appreciated...Thanks

If you have both you should be able to make up you're own mind. They are each a little differn't, it depends on what you want.

I have Dish and hate it, My brother has Direct TV and loves it, but I think thats because he likes watching movies ondemand and dish it seems to be more difficult to do that

if you dont watch tv why have either?
I usually have it on one of the music chs like Sirius....on the DISH I also watch the local news on them so I don't have to have a big ugly aeral antenna outside...I just subscribed to all the chs in case I ever want to watch a movie...I may of watched 5 in the past year...but I guess its sorta like DVD's I buy...I have several hundred but never wtch them either...In fact I have 40+ more coming in this week I doubt I ever watch...

Everyone here likes DirecTV, I however, do not. When I had it, and there were clouds, I lost signal. So, I'm away from it. I just recently got COX Dig. Cable, so far, so good. I got the standard cable and the highest speed net, and its under $100 a month.

Everyone here likes DirecTV, I however, do not. When I had it, and there were clouds, I lost signal. So, I'm away from it. I just recently got COX Dig. Cable, so far, so good. I got the standard cable and the highest speed net, and its under $100 a month.
Cable is not even offered where I live.....or I'd have that instead of little dish antennas....

ive always preferred direct tv. We had dish at my old apartment and it was hella slow. Like we would push the button for it to do something, and i could count, 1, 2, then it would finally do what we asked. (like change channel, bring menu up, etc.) REALLY frustrating.

I install DTV and Dish, and IMO, DTV is MUCH better.

less service calls and better picture quality.

get more for your money as wel. if you cal and complain to them as well, they will give you all types of discounts if you threaten to cancel. I have everything they have to offer and only pay $38 monthly

you can get a DVR with DTV as well

must have been piss poor installation because my dish never did that- i have had both directv and dish and i like dish wayyyyy better.
Yes, because it takes so much to install a box. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/rolleyes.gif.c1fef805e9d1464d377451cd5bc18bfb.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.