First time term lab experience

I could careless.. Internet dramas..
Sent from my Z970 using Tapatalk

Your website in your sig is wrong. U say everyone should set their subsonic filter to 20hz... Not for the common user that doesn't know a lot about car audio the subsonic filter should be set like 5-7hz below tuning. You tell a noob like yourself to set the subsonic at 20hz and they play full tilt 20hz song with their kickers In a prefab tuned to 40hz they are going to kill them woofers by unloading to death.

Your website in your sig is wrong. U say everyone should set their subsonic filter to 20hz... Not for the common user that doesn't know a lot about car audio the subsonic filter should be set like 5-7hz below tuning. You tell a noob like yourself to set the subsonic at 20hz and they play full tilt 20hz song with their kickers In a prefab tuned to 40hz they are going to kill them woofers by unloading to death.
Thats all copy pasta..

I made the site as a reference point to good posts and tutorials..

That site and my other will not be up anymore end of this month since i wont be touching it no more..

Works picked up and plan to do a trunk build on my 300.

Thats all copy pasta..
I made the site as a reference point to good posts and tutorials..

That site and my other will not be up anymore end of this month since i wont be touching it no more..

Works picked up and plan to do a trunk build on my 300.

Real trunk builds do 150db+ on music FYI... Don't let us all down with your real audio build

Real trunk builds do 150db+ on music FYI... Don't let us all down with your real audio build
I will not let you down my son.

This build will school you for your next vehicle haha. I gotta see what i wanna do tho since i plan to use the entire trunk which the battery is located in the spare tire compartment.

So I'm assuming cabin gain having a trunk car is what is causing my terrible peaks and loss of lows? How do I start to overcome it
EQ the 40hz region down or build new box with Aeroport so you can start with a long length, cut it to start raising tuning and continue cutting until your frequency response evens out while getting the most output. Or bypass the trunk and do a trunk wall or 4th order blow through if you have the space.

EQ the 40hz region down or build new box with Aeroport so you can start with a long length, cut it to start raising tuning and continue cutting until your frequency response evens out while getting the most output. Or bypass the trunk and do a trunk wall or 4th order blow through if you have the space.
So now what would be involved in a trunk wall? Would it be as simple as turn the box around and cut some wood to seal it off from the rest of the trunk so the sub and port fired into the cabin?

So now what would be involved in a trunk wall? Would it be as simple as turn the box around and cut some wood to seal it off from the rest of the trunk so the sub and port fired into the cabin?
You got the right idea. If you want, you can test it out first by using blankets or whatever you have lying around to tightly seal it from the trunk before doing the wood to see how it would sound. The idea is to concentrate all the sound waves into the cabin and completely block any waves from re-entering the trunk. Less cabin area to pressurize.

OK....you need to decide if you are simply trying to build this vehicle (or maybe this setup within this vehicle even) to be as loud as possible. Orrrrr you are building for a particular class that has rules. That will drastically change what you spend your money on.

The best money you can spend at this point is to get your own proper SPL sensor. Luckily for people over the last couple years there are more options than having to spend $600+ for a termlab or $1300+ for the AC190. Personally I still think that the TL is best of course, but for testing purposes to start off with some of the other ones would be fine. The SPL Lab for instance is $504 brand new without a case.

Well in the 1st my engine seized up in the car so I have to shell out $8,000 to replace it so my audio system is in a very long hold. I may end up selling my new equipment in the future since I have a few extra bills now.

Well in the 1st my engine seized up in the car so I have to shell out $8,000 to replace it so my audio system is in a very long hold. I may end up selling my new equipment in the future since I have a few extra bills now.
You running a euro engine?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.