HOW TO PREVENT A XS POWER 3100d FROM SWELLING.

it happens over time to all AGM batteries, duh...when I pulled out my Powerbattery G31's that was in service for 3 years and still was popping 150's....about half of mine were split open.

it happens over time to all AGM batteries, duh...when I pulled out my Powerbattery G31's that was in service for 3 years and still was popping 150's....about half of mine were split open.
I've had a SuperStart AGM (rebadged deka) under the hood of my alima for 5hrs now. Has been charged at 15.1-15.2 the entire time with NO issues.

NONE of my dekas have ever done that, seems to be more common with xs under the hood for some reason....

Thank you for the video man, about to put an XS group 24 under the hood of my Altima. That engine bay gets insanely hot. (So much so that when you slam the engine its like having the heater on in the car O_O) Guess thats what you get when you slap a v6 in the same space meant for a 4 :|

Thank you for the video man, about to put an XS group 24 under the hood of my Altima. That engine bay gets insanely hot. (So much so that when you slam the engine its like having the heater on in the car O_O) Guess thats what you get when you slap a v6 in the same space meant for a 4 :|
All engine bays do this, regardless of engine size.

All engine bays do this, regardless of engine size.
Well not all, granted my last car was a 95 LeSabre. But I could shut it off, wait 15 minutes, then do engine work. (the engine bay was HUGE, and engine tiny) with my current car. I have gotten burned the next day trying to do work //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif

I guess its more of a heat retention thing.. and **** its good at it

Well not all, granted my last car was a 95 LeSabre. But I could shut it off, wait 15 minutes, then do engine work. (the engine bay was HUGE, and engine tiny) with my current car. I have gotten burned the next day trying to do work //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif
I guess its more of a heat retention thing.. and **** its good at it
If you wait 12+ hours and your engine is still hot enough to burn you then there is other underlying issues there.

All cars while being used build up a lot of heat under the hood. There is no two ways about that. Some may have more/less heat over different times, but in the end it is gets very hot under the hood.

With that said, I still never had that issue with batteries even in my turboed cars.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.