Looking to upgrade my pair of 12" Pioneers.

Stonecold12321
10+ year member

I'm quite new but I have the basics down. Only thing is, I don't know jack about what a higher end sub would be. I got my two 12"s on Ebay for 20$ each and I've recently saved enough up to upgrade a bit.

I'd like to stay with 12 in. however, I prefer the way they work in the mid-range.

How much you looking to spend? Cuz honestly dude, it sounds like you bought a cheep sub, and you get what you pay for. So just about anything should be a upgrade.

If you figure out a price range, theres lots of people on here willing to help!

Ive got 500$ at the moment and its just a 600w Sony amp.
The budget is good, you can get some sweet subs with that. However in turn your going to need more power. We can recommend some subs that you will be able to power with that amp and fall well below your budget. But if you want a true upgrade, both subs and amp will need to be upgraded.

Ive got 500$ at the moment and its just a 600w Sony amp.
Honestly IMO, i would split the money up myself. Probly $200 for a amp and $300 for a sub(s).

Check out the audiopipe apsm-1500d can be had for about $122 shipped. And that would still leave you a decent budget($378) for sub(s)

The budget is good, you can get some sweet subs with that. However in turn your going to need more power. We can recommend some subs that you will be able to power with that amp and fall well below your budget. But if you want a true upgrade, both subs and amp will need to be upgraded.
You'll most likely need larger power and ground wire as well. You can get a pretty good setup new for 500, and if you're willing to buy used equipment, you can get even better.

You'll most likely need larger power and ground wire as well. You can get a pretty good setup new for 500, and if you're willing to buy used equipment, you can get even better.
This..... i could put together a nice system with $500

I'm quite new but I have the basics down. Only thing is, I don't know jack about what a higher end sub would be. I got my two 12"s on Ebay for 20$ each and I've recently saved enough up to upgrade a bit.
I'd like to stay with 12 in. however, I prefer the way they work in the mid-range.
Work in the mid range? What all do you have done and how much space do you wanna give up cuz you will need to get a box built as well

my vote goes to the sdc 2.5's at that budget. a pair of those will run you 240 right now with those on sale and it leaves with you a decent amount of money for a good amp.

Or second option would be to grab some SA's and up the budget slightly for a decent amp.

I may get flamed, but i personally think hifonics brz line is pretty bang for your buck; it's worth taking a look at.

Ive got a typical 4-door Protégé. I currently have the sub in my trunk in a box that is honestly crap but works for now. The amp I have was sold to me by a co-worker for 60 bucks. At the end of the build I had the two 12"s, 600w amp and my enclosure for about 150$. I don't think that's bad but obviously I get what I pay for.

So that being said, I will take a look at getting a more powerful amp. After that ill look into getting some better quality subs, then the box to fit it. Seems like the proper approach to this all.

I'd love to get a pair of 8"s, 12"s, then 15"s... but that's something I don't think I can do myself... let alone possible in a trunk... sigh... car shopping anyone?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.