Looking to upgrade my pair of 12" Pioneers.

Ive got a typical 4-door Protégé. I currently have the sub in my trunk in a box that is honestly crap but works for now. The amp I have was sold to me by a co-worker for 60 bucks. At the end of the build I had the two 12"s, 600w amp and my enclosure for about 150$. I don't think that's bad but obviously I get what I pay for. So that being said, I will take a look at getting a more powerful amp. After that ill look into getting some better quality subs, then the box to fit it. Seems like the proper approach to this all.

I'd love to get a pair of 8"s, 12"s, then 15"s... but that's something I don't think I can do myself... let alone possible in a trunk... sigh... car shopping anyone?
Never mix sizes of subs... I think you should read around here for a couple weeks to learn a little more and see what sort of names you run across on here...

Sorry, should've been more clear, I meant that I wanted to have a pair of all sizes just to alternate them out when I wished. If I was wealthy i'd do it cuz I could =P

Sorry, should've been more clear, I meant that I wanted to have a pair of all sizes just to alternate them out when I wished. If I was wealthy i'd do it cuz I could =P
O ok that makes sense... If you can get us exact measurements of the space you have we can suggest subs...

That'll have to wait till tomorrow. I don't have that stuff memorized but its all written down in my car. Its just 4 in the morning where im at and cold as **** outside.

Honestly IMO, i would split the money up myself. Probly $200 for a amp and $300 for a sub(s). Check out the audiopipe apsm-1500d can be had for about $122 shipped. And that would still leave you a decent budget($378) for sub(s)
I agree with this... although u might have to upgrade your wire 2

Ill make an exception to the budget if that makes it exceed... Nothin gets to me more than having new toys that aren't hooked up so if I get what I need that's just going to need to happen.

Well ive been on the phone with a coworker that will take my sub for 250... So that helps raise my limit. Ive actually been looking at getting a couple American Bass XFL's.Like this one: Amazon.com: American Bass XFL1244 12" Dual 4 Ohm Competition Car Stereo Subwoofer: Car Electronics

Its a little bit overkill im sensing but if im going to do it I might as well do it right.

So if I was to get two of those above... what amp would any of you advise me to look at?
You will need a spare batt and 1/0 OFC wire to run it for those... Plus we still dont know if you have enough room for those

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.