Low amp output even with gain at maximum. Running out of options

UPDATE:
So i ended up buying another vehicle (not because of this problem lol) and I started off with a different, known working good deck. and a brand new amp wire kit. Bare metal, big seat bolt for a ground point.

Subs are a wee bit louder but no where near like they should be/used to be. Everything still checks out ok... im stumped lol. Maybe im cursed.

So far here is what I have checked/replaced

-Power wire and fuse holder

-Ground wire

-Metal on metal contact bolted to chassis grounding point

-RCA's are brand new

-Replaced MTX 600w amp with Alpine 1000w amp

-Tried 2 sets of woofers (two 12" MTX thunder and two older 15" Lighting audio) Both sealed, independent chambers

-I have tried 3 different Head units ranging from 2.0v to 8v pre out

-Voice coil impedance checks out ok

-Alternator (running) voltage is just under 14.0v

-power wires, gorund wires resistance check is OK
are you still using the piece of crap 2v hu?

are you still using the piece of crap 2v hu?
No ive tried several different ones that I have from 2v pioneer to an 8v eclipse unit

what type of cars was this system in befor hand? (when it slammed?)
Well the woofers were in several cars before this one and worked fine. (2012 Jetta, to Hyundai Elantra hatch, now they are in my Blazer.)

And actually im not just talking about 1 set of woofers. I have 2 sets that are doing the same thing. Thats why i dont suspect the woofers, Everything else including the amp is new. thats why im stumpped. lol

and whats it in now?

Have u pulled new speaker wire since all this? I had a set of wires that were old kinda do the same thing. When i replaced them it was night and day. Just a idea

I bet when it "slammed" the system was in a small car (heavy cabin gain).

Then he put it in a big car/SUV (little cabin gain)

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.