Orion 7005 Arrived!!

ICBM99
10+ year member

Livin'... L-I-V-I-N
My Orion 7005 arrived today! Its a refurb but hopefully things are in working order. Theres a couple things I've noticed.

1) The manual (downloaded from http://www.directed.com) says that the amp uses a 70 Amp MAXI Fuse, But the Amp has a 80 Amp fuse installed, with an extra 80 in the box. I'm not sure which to use. I'm more inclined to use a 70.

2)The manual also states that 8 gage power and ground leads are a minimum. I dont think that is right either. Say I'm running at 500W RMS, and the amp is in the trunk, wouldn't I need 4 gage instead? I guess if you were running every thing at 4 ohms thats only 350w which you could get away with when using 8 gage.

Here is the specs for the amp (rms):

50w x 4 @ 4 ohm*

100w x 4 @ 2 ohm

150w x 1 @ 4 ohm

300w x 1 @ 2 ohm*

*This is how I'm going to set it up.

Yeah 4 gage is what I'm going to use. But I'm still not sure about the fuse situation.

BTW, that amp is bigger then I thought. I was a little worried when I UPS dropped of the box, it was HUGE, but alot of it was packing materials. I'm pretty sure I'm going to have a hell of a time finding a place in the trunk that doesn't take up the usable area.

Any body else on the Fuse Problem?? I emailed Directed, but they haven't responded yet. I would like to finish the install. 10 amps is a big difference, and I dont want to 'doorstop' my amp.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.