Orion monoblock

It's competing with other full bridge amps. People just like it more because it has the orion name on it, and not Taramps, SD, Banda, etc
We'll see how it fairs in the long term
But Orion is not Brazilian and can wire down lower without the the fear that you'll most likely see smoke if you do. They are Korean made.

so you really think that the scv 3k requires 14 v to make rated? you know your amps, ive seen all your vids. You really think that from a Sundown?
I know BigD's ethics more than I do Sundown or S&I (who makes the amp for Sundown) and I can state confidently that he is not the problem. Could be a bad amp.....Or Sundown makes a 3K amp... that puts out 3K

Orion says DO NOT wire below 1 ohm... I would follow that advice.
So do many other manufacturers. I've ran plenty of amps under recommended load in my days of car audio dating back to the early 90's. I have never blown an amp but thanks for looking out. Gonna run my XTR2500.1dz at .5 too:)

So do many other manufacturers. I've ran plenty of amps under recommended load in my days of car audio dating back to the early 90's. I have never blown an amp but thanks for looking out. Gonna run my XTR2500.1dz at .5 too:)
These don't have the traditional Korean design to them.... so... it's your money not mine.

he replied to my post on cca..
"Our own shared Dyno test from 2014 was already a third party test.

I will do one on our own Dyno as well and share it as we have our own now (we did not at the time of the amps release).

Either the test was done wrong (either accidental or on purpose) or the amp tested is messed up -- the SCV amps do NOT require over 14v to meet rated, period. It's a simple fact and the product has been available for 4-years now -- there is no conspiracy or inflated figures or it certainly wouldn't have taken four years for someone to "uncover" it."

We will see as the gain will be set properly, with a fully functioning amp as he stated here:

SCV 3000D dyno by BigDwiz - Car Audio Classifieds!
Wow, so he is possibly calling into question Dereck's methods? Even suggested the lower number could have been intentional? I guess he did leave himself an "out" by also suggesting the amp could be faulty. What's next an injunction?

How about a 10% variance (due to tolerances in components) could be the answer and the amp tested realistically reflects that?

Again, I say that specific amp needs to be retested...either by Dereck, Ryan or Steve Meade...don't care. The scientific process demands that results be verifiable. Test it again under similar conditions and see what happens.

Price will stay the same
that makes sense considering its capabilities. I dont think its nearly as bad for amp companies to put out a 5k amp and label it as a 3k than vice versa. Neither is a good thing, but the former isnt as bad as the latter IMO. Id rather buy an amp thinking "welp, heres 3000 watts" and be like HOLY S#IT!!!! when its up and running barring deficient electricals killing it

How can one tell if an amp has been modified to test?

I sincerely doubt BigDWiz did anything bad or modified something to make one brand look 1000 times better vs. the other. Based on his numerous vids and many amp tests, I don't think he's the issue.

I know BigD's ethics more than I do Sundown or S&I (who makes the amp for Sundown) and I can state confidently that he is not the problem. Could be a bad amp.....Or Sundown makes a 3K amp... that puts out 3K
i was gonna say.... people are now calling out BigD's ethics? wow... Glad to see someone defending him

That's the point people are missing. Its a 3k amp that does 3k. Why is everyone so butt hurt about that? If it didn't do 3k then I might understand.
Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

That's the point people are missing. Its a 3k amp that does 3k. Why is everyone so butt hurt about that? If it didn't do 3k then I might understand.
Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
that was kinda my point to begin with. a 3k amp that does a cakewalk 3k and then some. I mentioned the dynamic numbers because they were astonishing, and most dynos show those too. No amp aimed at the 3k market (that im aware of) does over double that. Sure the taramps do stupid amnts of power, but theyre rated to do that power. Is this amp underrated by a silly margin, sure. Was that the point? no.

Just heard from Dereck. The next chapter in this story is coming soon. He's set to test another of these Sundown amps to try and verify/duplicate results.

Stay tuned.

The plan is BigD is getting another one. If the results are similar he is going to send me that amp to verify the results.
GO TEAM AMP TESTING!!! off this direct topic, im trying to find the chronology of when ADST owned ppi and orion. Cant hardly find anything before the dei purchase

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...