RF created a DD Z sub killer?

I think it looks sweet. Yeah the magnet looks small but it's obviously neodymium. And the coil is wide open from the basket and motor which probably helps a lot with cooling the coil. Plus the dual spiders, literal dual coils, and excursion... I wouldn't say it's gimmicky. I'd say it's innovative and looks well built. Why not try something new? Most brands shy away from neodymium because of heat, but RF has been doing interesting stuff lately as far as heat dissipation goes... so overall, I'm anxious to see what the T3 can do as well.
Actually enclosing the coil to force air past it through vents will be marginally better for thermal handling and at the end of the day most of those gimmicky things don't really add up to much as far as power handling, certainly in terms of how much output you get for the extra power. Building a loudspeaker that can take a ton of power just for the sake of bragging about how much power you are using is really impractical, but it sells a lot of equipment to a certain niche market.

Also most brands avoid neo because of the COST. There is absolutely zero evidence of neo magnets failing due to heat in audio appplications

I do despise them. I was also a 90s fanboy but man they just went down hill hard and fast. It's like the business model changed overnight.
T3 seems like the jackhammer to me. Same purpose in mind but I don't think RF needs it yet. They still have a very large fanbass due to plastic motor covers, oversized baskets that cover motors, dynamic rated birth sheets.
I worked for a RF dealer in the mid 90's and while they still made some industry leading products then, they really did their retailers dirty. I haven't bought anything from them since.

At the end of the day, this is going to be like Jackhammer or SMD woofer. All show and no go for people who have money and like to flaunt it. Parts will be horribly expensive and then in a few years totally unobtainable, and you'll wind up with a woofer that can be outperformed by any measure by existing products.

you cant expect people on this forum to be the same type of consumer as those out there in real world.. they're used to going into a store and buying something in their price range off the shelf that looks "good" to them. it's definitely changing though, more people use online stores and reviews can push them away from crap products (unless the person making the review doesn't know what they're talking about either). On top of all this we have so many nuthuggers pushing recommendations and bashing **** that it makes it difficult for people to find intermediate producsts that aren't overly expensive due to a name, but not cheap and complete dirt.

yup i know what you mean. it just goes to show how crapy r.f. and kicker have become when there in the same sentence as boss/dual.
But they keep hauling in tons of money. It's sad but they are a rich company

...to legitimately make a blanket statement that RF and Kicker are the same as Boss and Dual is sort of ridiculous. Yeah, their lower lines leave a **** ton to be desired, but they still make pretty decent gear with their power series and some of the punch line. What really killed some of RF's quality was going to a publicly owned company. Investors want profit margins not solid products that appeal to a select few, but still to compare them to boss or dual lol.

Not everyone wants an esoteric product like what some of us like to run or the same hashed out korean board/off the shelf parts over and over.

...to legitimately make a blanket statement that RF and Kicker are the same as Boss and Dual is sort of ridiculous. Yeah, their lower lines leave a **** ton to be desired, but they still make pretty decent gear with their power series and some of the punch line. What really killed some of RF's quality was going to a publicly owned company. Investors want profit margins not solid products that appeal to a select few, but still to compare them to boss or dual lol.
Not everyone wants an esoteric product like what some of us like to run or the same hashed out korean board/off the shelf parts over and over.
Their fanboyism is so saturated into their brains they've become delusional.... noloud compared the T1 to a Dual.... and he really truly believes himself.

Also most brands avoid neo because of the COST. There is absolutely zero evidence of neo magnets failing due to heat in audio appplications
I'll give you the cost part but to say heat isn't a factor is 100% BS. The magnets are much smaller which creates heat dissipation problems... that's why the nicest neo **** you see has heatsinks, cause they're needed.

im sure they are coming from the same factory just a different name.

sorry it is what it is.

back in the day r.f. and kicker was good, high end stuff. they cared about what they put out. well they sold out.. so it is what it is.

so for the price of there stuff i would not pay half the price for it. as all your buying is the " name " and the name does not mean anything now a days.

rf and kicker ****.
i cant be leave people would pay that much money for a sub like that.
You've been gone a while. People here are actually recommending are Kicker subs to people..

Their fanboyism is so saturated into their brains they've become delusional.... noloud compared the T1 to a Dual.... and he really truly believes himself.
T1=Dual. Rockford is not good //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fyi.gif.9f1f679348da7204ce960cfc74bca8e0.gif

I'll give you the cost part but to say heat isn't a factor is 100% BS. The magnets are much smaller which creates heat dissipation problems... that's why the nicest neo **** you see has heatsinks, cause they're needed.
Umm.. no.

My N3's do not have heat sink. Older TC neos do not have heatsink. The Z don't really have heat sink (persay). The aluminum columns do dissipate a bit of heat.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.