Tantric LD 8 box

JoshC
10+ year member

The Taco MASTA
Houston, tx
This box dosnt allow the driver to dig deep at all, lots of port noise. Its .74 net @ 33.5Hz according to TC Sounds cal app, 10sqin of port via a 3in aero. Anyone know why it dosnt sound right?

Box is 12x8x25 - port is 3in @ 22in long with 1in external length. Seeing about 600wrms from a kicker 750.1

Last edited by a moderator:
Can anyone tell me if the tc sounds phone app is worth using? Just don't want my tuning way off

Can anyone tell me if the tc sounds phone app is worth using? Just don't want my tuning way off
Cell phone apps dont work because of phone microphone limitations.

What part of houston you stay in? I got multiple places and people who can help you.

Im usually around spring branch, katy, spring, aldine.

Cell phone apps dont work because of phone microphone limitations.
What part of houston you stay in? I got multiple places and people who can help you.

Im usually around spring branch, katy, spring, aldine.
I was just referring to the box calculator on it, im off 59 near 1960

I was just referring to the box calculator on it, im off 59 near 1960
Use torres box calculator.

Cool your in the humble area.

Forgot the shop over in humble before 59, but ot a homie named kurt who is known in the car audio competitions that works down there.

That box looks horrible. I can only imagine how it sounds. I stopped using circle/aeroports when slot ports became the norm and never looked back. Port noise galore with any circle port other than an actual Aeroport branded port, they're not as bad as PVC tubing but the port noise is still there. Go slot port if you don't want port noise and tune the box lower.

Hows this look? Box sits behind drivers seat and center console. Sub will go behind center console as low as possible port will fire out the side towards passenger seat above sub. Will be a strait port

Just got an email back from tantric, .75 net @ 35 w/ 8sqin of port. But i know that cant be right or else the box above would sound fine @ 10sqin of port.

Looks like port opening is too close to the back of the sub so it's unloading
What's the rule of thumb on distance port to sub? Might try to cut it shorter. Maybe go 35-36hz lose a few inches

If I cut 3in off I'm at 35.5hz and 9.5sqin of port

I would do this design. This puts the sub in an optimal location and will have transmission line effects around 40hz. It should have a solid bottom end down to about 30hz and maybe a little deeper depending on the vehicle acoustics. I know this thread is old, but I'm bored and so I designed this for you. You should have all the dimensions you need to build it yourself from these two images.

LD8_2.png

LD8_0_78_35hz.jpg

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.