voicecoil wiring options

ok simple question...didnt want to make another thread. Im getting a D4 sub and want to wire it to 2ohms. There are four sets of terminals...do I only need to use two sets...or do I wire them neg-neg, pos-pos, and then the same to the other two sets?

ok simple question...didnt want to make another thread. Im getting a D4 sub and want to wire it to 2ohms. There are four sets of terminals...do I only need to use two sets...or do I wire them neg-neg, pos-pos, and then the same to the other two sets?
only need two, but if you use all 4, itll work, just need more wire

Hi

I made a box for 4 sub 2 in front and to up, the 2 sub that goes up will be inverted, the subs are 4ohm SVC, do i have to invert the phase of the up subs, and how can i do that,

PS: i need a 4ohm load.

Thanks

i have a question guys and i apriciate if you can answer it , i bought 2 kicker L5's 2 ohm's and my eletrionic store put the in the kicker enclosure box , it sounds like the guy knows what he was doing.... but my question should be if the subs are 2 ohms can they be configured to be 4 ohms or other methods???

this is what happend i wanted the 06DS12L5-2 (2 OHM) but the ones they had were the 4 ohm version ( the box tho) so they just took out the 4 ohm subs and put the 2 ohms subs (L5's) but my question is how do i know if the guy pre wired it right????? //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/uhoh.gif.c07307dd22ee7e63e22fc8e9c614d1fd.gif//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/tongue.gif.6130eb82179565f6db8d26d6001dcd24.gif

is it possible to wire 3-DVC 8 ohm subs down to a final load of 4ohms? Im thinking 2- DVC 8 ohm subs can be wired down to 4 ohms. Also what will be all the ohm possibilities for 4-DVC 8 ohm subs

all in all im trying to see how many DVC subs is possible to be ran at 4 ohms as a final load?

thanks

Lemme get this straight. If I were wire up two, 2Ohm DVC subs like shown in the attached diagram, I will have a 2-Ohm load. I got that.

Here's my question:

If each sub is rated at 1000W RMS, then I could run the subs off one channel on a 2000x1 amp and each sub would get about 1000W each, yes?

Also, are there any concerns about running two, 2Ohm DVCsubs on a .5Ohm load versus a 2Ohm load as a daily driver off one channel (provided the amp is stable at the respective Ohm)?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.