What way should the subs point?

Just to back up what Helotaxi said, not trying to ride his nuts.... The JL's are great SQ subs but aren't "loud" like a DC, Incriminator Audio, etc brand sub. If you want loud, you're probably needing another brand of sub. If you want really good, clean, super crisp lows with pretty good volume....JL, Soundstream, and old Phoenix Gold will do it. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif Most of the newer high output/SPL brands aren't good for SQ unless you're up in the $250+ range each.

I got the 2 w6s and they sound great. I pointed them back for looks and the sound was about the same. Oh well it was worth asking. I still have a 500w profile amp pushing them untill I get the JL slash 1000. I hope that will bring the vol up more. seen videos of w6s hitting around 140 in slp comp but I cant see mine getting up to that. And many thanks to Buck for the box design, it sounds great. If anyone wants to see pics let me know I will post some.

I got the 2 w6s and they sound great. I pointed them back for looks and the sound was about the same. Oh well it was worth asking. I still have a 500w profile amp pushing them untill I get the JL slash 1000. I hope that will bring the vol up more. seen videos of w6s hitting around 140 in slp comp but I cant see mine getting up to that. And many thanks to Buck for the box design, it sounds great. If anyone wants to see pics let me know I will post some.
Subs up, port back, you'll be above 140, and get the AQ 1200D, JL amps are expensive.

I think you should post some pics. Id like to see the box

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.