Alex's Silverado

For a sub like that there's really no "design" to it, you fill the gap with coil and build the softparts stiff/solid enough to handle your power. So much motor force that any other variable becomes insignificant.
What was the price per motor buying 10?
Just looked back, and min order quantity was 50 pieces at $300 each //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crap.gif.7f4dd41e3e9b23fbd170a1ee6f65cecc.gif

Just looked back, and min order quantity was 50 pieces at $300 each //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crap.gif.7f4dd41e3e9b23fbd170a1ee6f65cecc.gif
Figure another 100$-200$ each to build up, then shipping.....

Turns into an expensive sub even buying 50 at a clip.

Cheap compared to what they're being sold for by the half dozen brands using them, but you won't sell a lot of woofers at that price point.
Right. Not really worth the effort and up-front investment in my opinion.

There's a small chance someone on CACO might be buying my Wardens soon. We've been PMing about it, but he really wants 4 and I don't know where he can find 2 more

Got my 250 amp stick welder. Wiring up a 220v plug.

We've got piles of scrap metal, and I'm going to practice a lot before I actually start on my truck. I can MIG weld, but it's been years since I've arc welded (and I wasn't good at it then).

Still, a high amperage arc welder was way cheaper than a high amp wire welder. Plus, it'll force me to learn

IMG_0389_zpsa2wtaahk.jpg

Got my 250 amp stick welder. Wiring up a 220v plug.
We've got piles of scrap metal, and I'm going to practice a lot before I actually start on my truck. I can MIG weld, but it's been years since I've arc welded (and I wasn't good at it then).

Still, a high amperage arc welder was way cheaper than a high amp wire welder. Plus, it'll force me to learn

IMG_0389_zpsa2wtaahk.jpg
You done being lonely?

I now have 88 pounds of welding rods to practice with, and weld up my truck's cage. My uncle Tom got a bunch of welding rods from his dad's estate, but didn't have a stick welder to use them. He said I can use as many as I want. He would rather wire weld than use the arc welding electrodes.

88 pounds is a ridiculous amount //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/rotflol.gif.b453361716769b8110ddefc85ff03cd2.gif

IMG_0392_zpsfojptsvv.jpg

I now have 88 pounds of welding rods to practice with, and weld up my truck's cage. My uncle Tom got a bunch of welding rods from his dad's estate, but didn't have a stick welder to use them. He said I can use as many as I want. He would rather wire weld than use the arc welding electrodes.
88 pounds is a ridiculous amount //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/rotflol.gif.b453361716769b8110ddefc85ff03cd2.gif

IMG_0392_zpsfojptsvv.jpg
are they the right rods? lol

Temporarily running the wardens in a sealed box on a Crunch pd4000.2 @2.8 bridged nominal. It's rated for 4 ohms bridged, and I had it wired to .7 bridged for a couple days :laugh:

It got too hot to touch today, so I re-wired it to 2.8 nominal bridged. Doesn't take gobs of power to get the subs moving. With all my bracing out though, everything flexes and rattles way too much :crap:

IMG_0441_zps2tug3fmy.jpg

Also, @hispls; requested a vital power gut pic. Here's a comparison of one next to the Crunch :rotflol:

IMG_0439_zpshv5mwso6.jpg

They're not bad sealed. The box is ~15 cubes net after bracing

So far, I feel like they were a solid investment. I'm going to swap my stock seats out with two suede bucket seats mount the four 7k's between them. I'm going to weld a tray for batteries/caps under the bed where the spare tire used to be. Then the bed of my truck will be empty like a normal truck and my center of gravity will be lower for better handling.

Also planning to notch the frame, get a "flip kit", and install some drop spindles. A flip kit puts your rear axle above the leaf springs instead of under them.

They're not bad sealed. The box is ~15 cubes net after bracing
So far, I feel like they were a solid investment. I'm going to swap my stock seats out with two suede bucket seats mount the four 7k's between them. I'm going to weld a tray for batteries/caps under the bed where the spare tire used to be. Then the bed of my truck will be empty like a normal truck and my center of gravity will be lower for better handling.

Also planning to notch the frame, get a "flip kit", and install some drop spindles. A flip kit puts your rear axle above the leaf springs instead of under them.
If this ever turns out as loud as it should be you'll have a hard time not breaking amps that are mounted inside the cabin. Might want to re-think that plan.

If this ever turns out as loud as it should be you'll have a hard time not breaking amps that are mounted inside the cabin. Might want to re-think that plan.
If they're not touching the wall, they won't vibrate that much. I plan on welding some mounting brackets for them.

If they're not touching the wall, they won't vibrate that much. I plan on welding some mounting brackets for them.
The floor of the truck will vibrate like a mofo. My one buddy just glasses the shlt out his floor and added a stripper pole and now his floor is solid but before that there was TONS of vibrations

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.