Alex's Silverado

The floor of the truck will vibrate like a mofo. My one buddy just glasses the shlt put his floor and added a stripper pole and now his floor is solid but before that there was TONS of vibrations
I'm going to have a stripper pole again and reinforce the floor.

The other idea I was considering is mounting two amps on each side of the wall where the rear doors open up.

I read a while back that somebody else had problems with their heat shield vibrating too.

My exhaust is cut about half way under the cab, and I'm going to bend it out under the rear passenger door, so I won't even need the heat shield.

Legally, the exhaust isn't supposed to come out under any passenger door. Being that my truck is walled and it's impossible to enter through the rear doors, I'll just tell the cop "hop in then if it's a passenger door" if anyone wants to give me a hard time about it.

Finally got my alternators!!!

I waned them highlighter yellow with black splatter paint. The yellow didn't come out as neon as I wanted, but the powdercoating was free, lol

image1_zps4gbniwh6.jpg

I got three copper positive posts for each alt. My plan for electrical is to run wires from the alts to a fuse box under the hood, and then to capacitors in trays under my truck. I was thinking 6 banks of 7 cells.

image2_zpsvbpcacc5.jpg

Anybody know which is the 12v+ constant power and 12v+ switched power with this plug?

image3_zpsh4niy3aj.jpg

pretty sure green is sense because GM, might want to start by looking it up through that specific alternators voltage regulator schematic versus the autists on here

please tell me why the **** there would be a ground anyway? the alternator case is ground //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wow.gif.23d729408e9177caa2a0ed6a2ba6588e.gif

just to be clear here, 1 wire is voltage sense, one wire is for an indicator bulb. anything else defies logic of how these alternators work. please dont comment if you dont know. no i am not sure im 100% correct but that IS basic gm alternator wiring.

pretty sure green is sense because GM, might want to start by looking it up through that specific alternators voltage regulator schematic versus the autists on here
please tell me why the **** there would be a ground anyway? the alternator case is ground //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wow.gif.23d729408e9177caa2a0ed6a2ba6588e.gif

just to be clear here, 1 wire is voltage sense, one wire is for an indicator bulb. anything else defies logic of how these alternators work. please dont comment if you dont know. no i am not sure im 100% correct but that IS basic gm alternator wiring.
I thought the same thing ..so I'm not sure either

Thats ac rules. Lol. Green is always ground. If you let ill give you some tips. They work man. I was 18 doing 153 sealed up with 1 9515 and two 1500s.
Why are you even here? Do you really think anyone will ever take you serious? You've done nothing but make a fool of yourself here so you might as well move along.

I knew that was true in household AC but usually black in DC applications ...I'm glad you got it figured out ..I figured you'd have this build finished by now
This I've done several builds

The regulator is not GM. It's similar to 99-06 chrysler alternators that were externally regulated. Here is the pinout. 1 is green and 2 is black

s-l1600.jpg

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.