Tips to avoid getting jacked

Audi in college wow whose @ss do u have your nose in
One of the student workers at the last CPA firm that I worked for had a Lexus SC 430. I know for a fact that it wasn't their stellar pay that allowed him to drive $60k car as a college student. EDIT: His was a 2006 IN 2006... Last time I ran into him, he was driving a fairly new M3.

Meh I work a landscaping job with a kid who drives a 2006 audi a4. he just bust his *** working UPS and landscaping and day trading. All you gotta do is make that monthly payment

I just read 24 pages. Lol. Gotta love how slow mondays are... I like the idea of just putting "Alarm System by Viper" stickers on cars with factory alarm system.

My '98 Range Rover came stock with a little red LED on the dash. Blinks all night in my garage. They have pretty good stock security systems. Hell, if I try and use my valet key, it triggers the engine immobilizer and I cant drive it. God help me if I ever lose my remote.

Move up to Central Vermont or North Dakota and I promise you'll never get car-jacked.
Had to laugh at this. Maybe in 2010 this was true. But now with the oil field boom you can get car jacked in ND.

but all things said in this thread are good ideas to secure your system. I had mine jacked 20 years ago from my Camaro. All they took was the HU and CDs. Didn't touch the speakers, sub or the amp. $400 HU and about $200 in CDs but left $800 in the rest because harder to get to. Only other time had my car broke into they took 9 packs of smokes and $3 in change.

Now I have a 79 International Scout, easiest vehicle to break into and top is always off in the summer, but most wont even touch that. Its lifted to where you have to be over 6' to see into it. And then you would only see speakers in the door and rear seat along with a sub box and amp in the far back with NO HU. That's hidden behind the glove box. And I mean behind the glove box. Took out the inside and shortened it and placed the HU above the defrost hose with a wired remote mounted on the side of the center console. Most don't even know I have a HU until I turn the scout on. Sub box it bolted down so the subs/amp are an inch from the rear seat. (unless you know scouts you wouldn't know the seat folds down for access to the subs and amp and mounting bolts. back of box is hinged so it flips back when you remove the front bolts.)

I work in a prison and have run into many ex inmates that have looked at the setup and none have figured out how to remove the sub box lol. Not saying its the best setup but whole system is only worth about $700. So not too worried about it. Its insured for double that price. Hoping someone does steal it so I can use the insurance money to get some better marine speakers for off roading. lol

Had to laugh at this. Maybe in 2010 this was true. But now with the oil field boom you can get car jacked in ND. but all things said in this thread are good ideas to secure your system. I had mine jacked 20 years ago from my Camaro. All they took was the HU and CDs. Didn't touch the speakers, sub or the amp. $400 HU and about $200 in CDs but left $800 in the rest because harder to get to. Only other time had my car broke into they took 9 packs of smokes and $3 in change.

Now I have a 79 International Scout, easiest vehicle to break into and top is always off in the summer, but most wont even touch that. Its lifted to where you have to be over 6' to see into it. And then you would only see speakers in the door and rear seat along with a sub box and amp in the far back with NO HU. That's hidden behind the glove box. And I mean behind the glove box. Took out the inside and shortened it and placed the HU above the defrost hose with a wired remote mounted on the side of the center console. Most don't even know I have a HU until I turn the scout on. Sub box it bolted down so the subs/amp are an inch from the rear seat. (unless you know scouts you wouldn't know the seat folds down for access to the subs and amp and mounting bolts. back of box is hinged so it flips back when you remove the front bolts.)

I work in a prison and have run into many ex inmates that have looked at the setup and none have figured out how to remove the sub box lol. Not saying its the best setup but whole system is only worth about $700. So not too worried about it. Its insured for double that price. Hoping someone does steal it so I can use the insurance money to get some better marine speakers for off roading. lol
that was a random first post

Im a random person lol. I don't do introductions. and currently have no questions to ask. Found this forum through another forum linking to this thread. Read all 24 pages and figured I would through my 2cents in.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...